WOOL TAPE FOR SEALING GAPS BETWEEN THE LOGS
» Wool tape for log houses
» Properties of wool
» Recommendations for use
» Wool tape sizes
Twist of wool hair gives the material elasticity and flexibility. Such a felt wool fiber is windproof, and elasticity ensures that the thermal insulation stays even during a long period of time. Wool is excellent moisture absorbent and moisture evaporator. However, contrary to often used linen tapes in a log building, wool is a durable material. It is not decomposing. Wool tapes in the process of production are treated with a special liquid – eulan and become resistant to moth and other insects.
|UNIQUE PROPERTIES OF WOOL
|- Excellent thermal insulation;
- Water and moisture resistant, not decomposing or mould;
- Natural, environmentally friendly and durable;
- Material is elastic and shape-restorable;
- Pest-resistant when treated with a special liquid;
- Wool is a hygroscopic material permeable to water vapor, which is able to absorb and evaporate the moisture;
- Wool does not emit toxic fumes in the event of a fire.
|Tape processing method: thermal bonding
Fiber content: Wool – 85%, Polyester – 15%
Wool processing, protecting against moths: Impregnated with EULAN SPA
Coefficient of variation of the surface density: Not more than 7 (%)
|RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
|- Recommendation: Association of Lithuanian Manufacturers of Wooden
houses recommends the use of natural sheep’s wool for the insulation of
gaps between the logs.
- It is important that the wool tape would not be wider than log connection and does not hang to the outside while putting it between the logs. Mostly tape is placed on the lower log, attaching it with staples and then upper log is put on.
- Holes for the studs must be cut out by which balks are connected with each other while putting wool tape on the log. Failure to do so leads to tape contraction while hammering studs and warming function disappears also.
|WOOL TAPE SIZES|
|- Wool tape thickness can be from 5 to 50 mm.
- Tapes are cut into the required width; tape width is from 5 to 20 cm.
- Tapes are supplied compressed in the bags. Tape volume increases by 2–3 times when bags are opened.
- Made in Lithuania.